Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beckham signs new Galaxy contract

FIFA

David Beckham has signed a two-year contract with Los Angeles Galaxy, the Major League Soccer side have announced.

The 36-year-old's five-year contract expired last month and he had been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain. However, Beckham has now re-signed with the LA-based club with which he won the 2011 MLS Cup.
I've seen first hand how popular soccer is now in the States and I'm as committed as ever to growing the game here.
David Beckham, LA Galaxy midfielder

"This was an important decision for me," Beckham said on the club's website. "I had many offers from clubs from around the world, however, I'm still passionate about playing in America and winning trophies with the Galaxy.

"I've seen first hand how popular soccer is now in the States and I'm as committed as ever to growing the game here. My family and I are incredibly happy and settled in America and we look forward to spending many more years here."

No comments:

Post a Comment